Instagram

Friday, May 22, 2015

Creating A New Life Of Love


I was away from home, shooting a movie in New Zealand, when Christopher died of a heart attack.  With his passing, I lost my husband of 18 years, my daughter's father, my best friend, and my working partner.  I felt as if I had lost half of all that made up my life.

It took me a day and a half to travel back home to California.  I cried and grieved.  I wanted more than anything to be home with our daughter, Gaby, to hold her in my arms and comfort her, but she was thousands of miles away.  So I prayed for her and envisioned her surrounded by the light and love of God.  I felt that the very energy of my thoughts of love were reaching out over the miles to bless her.

Fortunately, Gaby's nanny, Kristen, was with her to comfort her and to call me.  The paramedics were still there when Kristen called.  I asked that, as soon as the paramedics left, she let Gaby have an opportunity to say goodbye to her daddy.

Together, Gaby and Kristen said a prayer, and then Gaby told her daddy how much she loved him.  She had closure with her father that I never was able to have as a child when my own father committed suicide.  No one helped me say goodbye or gave me an opportunity to express my feelings.  Death for me as a child was not lonely a great tragedy but also a haunting mystery that hung over me into adulthood.

Although she was only seven at the time, I knew that Gaby could create her life every day with her thoughts.  This is true for us all; How we choose to react to something allows us to continually create and recreate our lives.  We have an opportunity, always, to move on with every choice we make.

Gaby and I are still helping each other through the grieving process while moving on. a couple of years after Chris died, Gaby and I were riding home from one of her baseball games and she said, "Mommy, when are you going to start dating?"

I was taken by surprise and said, "Gaby, I don't know.  Why do you ask me that?"

She looked right at me and said, "Mommy, because you need a husband, and I need a daddy."  And so, we started imaging and praying for the right person to come into our life, and he did.  Skip and I were married last year.  Gaby is very close to her new daddy.  In fact, they proposed to me together.  Skip took her out one New Year's eve and told her he would like very much to be my husband and her daddy.

"What do you think about that?" he asked.

When they came home that evening, Gaby said, "Mommy, Skip and I have something very important to ask you."

I said, "Okay."

"One, two, three," they began.  Then they shouted, "Will you marry us?"

I feel so blessed.  Skip is a supportive, loving husband and father.

Living from love, we help to create a life of love for ourselves and for those who share our lives.  By talking and listening to God, we know there is absolutely nothing too great for God and us to handle together.  We know that whenever we start a new day, a new thought, we are starting a new life.  And with God, we create the very best.


(By : Dee Wallace Stone)


(From : 'Daily Word' magazine by Silent Unity, a world wide prayer ministry) 

O LORD, TAKE MY LOVE

O Lord, take my love, and let it flow in fullness of devotion to Thee;
O Lord, take my hands, and let them work incessantly for Thee;
O Lord, take my soul, and let it be merged in One with Thee;
O Lord, take my mind and thoughts, and let them be in tune with Thee;
O Lord, take my everything, and let me be an instrument to work for Thee.

***Click on the above picture to watch the video on 'PRECIOUS MOMENTS WITH BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

***Click on the above picture to read my story on 'THE DAY I MET MY LORD, BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

Baba & I 峇峇与我' - Interview with Sister Adeline Teh (Malaysia)

Total Pageviews

Followers