Instagram

Sunday, June 7, 2015

Practice Renunciation


Detachment alone can give happiness.  Thyaga is the real Yoga.  Three evil qualities have to be renounced before man can rise to his real role.  Anger which smothers wisdom (jnana), lust which pollutes the deed (karma) and greed, which destroys one's love for God and man.  The touchstone which pronounces an act as meritorious is renunciation.  If an act is self-directed, if it helps to inflate the ego, it is a sin.  There are four types of persons.  Those who confess their own faults and mention the excellences of others are the highest type; those who highlight their own excellences and also the excellences in others are the middling type; those who speak of their own excellences and decry the faults of others are worse; those who parade their own faults as excellences and deride the excellences in others as faults are the worst.  The last type is nowadays most rampant.


- Baba -

O LORD, TAKE MY LOVE

O Lord, take my love, and let it flow in fullness of devotion to Thee;
O Lord, take my hands, and let them work incessantly for Thee;
O Lord, take my soul, and let it be merged in One with Thee;
O Lord, take my mind and thoughts, and let them be in tune with Thee;
O Lord, take my everything, and let me be an instrument to work for Thee.

***Click on the above picture to watch the video on 'PRECIOUS MOMENTS WITH BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

***Click on the above picture to read my story on 'THE DAY I MET MY LORD, BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

Baba & I 峇峇与我' - Interview with Sister Adeline Teh (Malaysia)

Interview by Souljourns

Total Pageviews

Followers