Instagram

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Seva is the Highest Sadhana


The Gita advises that service to the sangha or community is the highest seva, as well as the most beneficial sadhana.  You cannot run away from this obligation; you have to use the community of men wherein you were born for sublimating your egoism and saving yourself.  Seva taken up as sadhana teaches sahana (forbearance).  Even avatars demonstrate in their lives the supreme importance of seva.  When Dharmaja performed the great Rajasuya sacrifice, Lord Krishna attended the sacrifice and asked to be allotted some service; He preferred the service of removing the leaves on which food was served for the thousands who were fed every day!  Since service was so dear to Him, He was revered as the king-maker of the age, the law-giver for all.


- Baba -

O LORD, TAKE MY LOVE

O Lord, take my love, and let it flow in fullness of devotion to Thee;
O Lord, take my hands, and let them work incessantly for Thee;
O Lord, take my soul, and let it be merged in One with Thee;
O Lord, take my mind and thoughts, and let them be in tune with Thee;
O Lord, take my everything, and let me be an instrument to work for Thee.

***Click on the above picture to watch the video on 'PRECIOUS MOMENTS WITH BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

***Click on the above picture to read my story on 'THE DAY I MET MY LORD, BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

Baba & I 峇峇与我' - Interview with Sister Adeline Teh (Malaysia)

Total Pageviews

Followers