Instagram

Friday, July 3, 2015

The Purport of the Santhimantra


"Asatho maa sathgamaya; thamaso maa jyotirgamaya; mrityor maa amritam gamaya", this is the Santhimantra.  The meaning of this mantra is given variously by various people, some elaborately, some succinctly.  "Oh Lord, when I am deriving happiness through the objects of this world, make me forget the unreal objects and show me the way to permanent happiness", this is the first prayer.  "Oh Lord, when the objects of the world attract me, remove darkness which hides the all-pervading Atma, which every such object really is."  This is the second prayer.  "Oh Lord, bless me through Your grace with immortality or paramananda, resulting from the awareness of the effulgence of the Atma, immanent in every object."  This is the third prayer.  This is the real meaning of the mantra.


- Baba -

O LORD, TAKE MY LOVE

O Lord, take my love, and let it flow in fullness of devotion to Thee;
O Lord, take my hands, and let them work incessantly for Thee;
O Lord, take my soul, and let it be merged in One with Thee;
O Lord, take my mind and thoughts, and let them be in tune with Thee;
O Lord, take my everything, and let me be an instrument to work for Thee.

***Click on the above picture to watch the video on 'PRECIOUS MOMENTS WITH BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

***Click on the above picture to read my story on 'THE DAY I MET MY LORD, BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

Baba & I 峇峇与我' - Interview with Sister Adeline Teh (Malaysia)

Total Pageviews

Followers