Lessons from 9/11, the annoying little things:
▪ As you might know, the head of a major company survived the tragedy of “9/11” in New York because his son started kindergarten.
▪ Another fellow was alive because it was his turn to bring donuts.
▪ One woman was late because her alarm clock didn’t go off in time.
▪ One was late because of being stuck on the NJ Turnpike because of an auto accident.
▪ One of them missed his bus.
▪ One spilled food on her clothes and had to take time to change.
▪ One’s car wouldn’t start.
▪ One went back to answer the telephone.
▪ One had a child that dawdled and didn’t get ready as soon as he should have.
▪ One couldn’t get a taxi.
▪ The one that struck me was the man who put on a new pair of shoes that morning, took the various means to get to work but before he got there, he developed a blister on his foot. He stopped at a drugstore to buy a Band-Aid. That is why he is alive today.
Now when I am stuck in traffic…
– miss an elevator…
– turn back to answer a ringing telephone…
– all the little things that annoy me…
– I think to myself…
this is exactly where God wants me to be at this very moment.
The next time your morning seems to be going wrong,
– the children are slow getting dressed,
– you can’t seem to find the car keys,
– you hit every traffic light…
– don’t get mad or frustrated;
God is at work watching over you.
May God continue to bless you with all those annoying little things – and may you remember and appreciate their possible purpose.
~ Author Unknown ~