Instagram

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Two Monks



Once two monks were traveling. They were going to another monastery. Due to their rules, they were not even allowed to look at women. After walking for long, they reached a river which they had to cross. The flow of river was so strong that they couldn’t get across it without getting wet.

There they saw a woman waiting to cross the river but she was not able to cross it by herself.

One of the monk saw that and without thinking much, he carried her on her shoulders and took her to other side of the river. After reaching other side of river, the monk settled her down and the woman went on her way.

Both monks continued their walk in silence after reaching other side of the river. The second monk was really upset with the fact that his friend helped woman to cross river by carrying her. As per their rules, they were not allowed to even look at the women and yet his friend carried her across the river.

After walking for a while, the second monk couldn’t stand the thought anymore so he asked his friend, “We are not allowed to even look at woman but yet you carried her across the river?”

The first monk smiled and replied, “I left that woman after we crossed the river, are you still carrying her??”


- Author Unknown -

O LORD, TAKE MY LOVE

O Lord, take my love, and let it flow in fullness of devotion to Thee;
O Lord, take my hands, and let them work incessantly for Thee;
O Lord, take my soul, and let it be merged in One with Thee;
O Lord, take my mind and thoughts, and let them be in tune with Thee;
O Lord, take my everything, and let me be an instrument to work for Thee.

***Click on the above picture to watch the video on 'PRECIOUS MOMENTS WITH BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

***Click on the above picture to read my story on 'THE DAY I MET MY LORD, BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

Baba & I 峇峇与我' - Interview with Sister Adeline Teh (Malaysia)

Interview by Souljourns

Total Pageviews

Followers