Thursday, December 11, 2025

I Can Forgive


Forgiveness is a unification of the soul with God, comparable to the raindrop's reception by the sea.
- Imelda Shanklin


Who is the only one who can limit my capacity to forgive?  Me!  Yet, why should I?  Through unlimited forgiveness, I release the burden of former hurts and begin again.

This willingness to forgive takes some practice, but I can do it.  I can forgive.  If there is anything I have done that I regret, I forgive myself and let it go.  I am not acting irresponsibly, because as I release, I make a commitment to do better in the future.

And if there is anything that anyone has done which caused me sorrow or pain, I forgive them.  As I release all hurtful memories about them, I feel a healing happening within me.


From the love of God in my own heart, I forgive myself and others.


(From : 'Daily Word' magazine by Silent Unity, a world wide prayer ministry)