Friday, January 16, 2026

Take A Good Look


The purpose of life is growth.  This growth always is toward God.  There can be no growth without freedom.
- Stella Terrill Mann


When I first look at a painting, I see colour, form and texture, but when I take time to study the painting, I discover so much detail and artistry.  And the same is true when I take a good look at myself.  So I take the time to study the details of my life and determine whether the things I regularly do - my habits - are in my best interests.

Even negative habits can be comforting - but that comfort is temporary.  The long-term effects of negative habits can be harmful.  Yet with faith in God and God in me, I can shake off unwanted habits.

As I begin anew, I no longer feel vulnerable or the need to hide behind habits.  I am free!  Spirit is protecting, loving, and guiding me through the day and making my way easier.


Through the power of Spirit within, I am free.


(From : 'Daily Word' magazine by Silent Unity, a world wide prayer ministry)