Instagram

Friday, September 4, 2015

Solitude



It has been almost 4 months since I left society to retreat into Solitude (I don't mean hiding in the forest, literally, but rather, minimizing my social circle in order to quieten the mind.)

What have I learned so far? Quite a lot, I must say... 


1. No one is indisposable... and for that matter, I am truly grateful. The fact that there are others who can take over our vital roles in society has helped me tremendously to overcome my initial feelings of guilt. Guilt is a negative energy that drains us physically and disturbs our mental peace. It is our ego that keeps us attached to the world... By letting go of ego, we gain freedom to just be who we are meant to be... a spark of the Divine.

2. Meditation... (not so much as sitting down with my eyes closed though I love doing that sometimes!)... Meditation, to me, is being connected to the Source or our HIgher Self. Hence, every single moment is an opportunity to meditate. But if we are so occupied with work or duty or the physical world all the time, it is virtually impossible to meditate! Being in solitude has given me lots of time to be with myself... my Self. I am now able to do things at my own pace... and that is a very important criteria for being present in the Moment.

3. Follow my Heart... Society tends to be 'too helpful' sometimes as there is always someone who thinks they know better in all circumstances. Too much advice, rules and regulations may dampen a free spirit. To me, the joy of Living is the journey itself, not the destination!

4. Be Happy... I love that feeling of being simple, having no desires, with no cares in the world. There is harmony within and without. I don't need what is going about in the world... petty quarrels, judgments, shoulds and shouldn'ts.

5. Gain Knowledge... I have time to read which is something I absolutely love to do since I was a child. There is so much knowledge to gain through reading alone. Knowledge is essential for our spiritual progress. After knowledge is secured, we must practice, practice, practice....

6. And finally, Healing... both physically and mentally. I am giving my body more attention nowadays, with exercise, yoga and treatment where necessary. Our body is very important because it is our vehicle for spiritual growth. Without good health, our journey may yet be delayed. As for mental healing, Love is the only answer... We must practice love, compassion, as well as, forgiveness, not only for others, but also for ourselves.

So, here is where I shall take my leave for now...

May you find Peace and Joy in your heart always!


~ adeline108 ~

O LORD, TAKE MY LOVE

O Lord, take my love, and let it flow in fullness of devotion to Thee;
O Lord, take my hands, and let them work incessantly for Thee;
O Lord, take my soul, and let it be merged in One with Thee;
O Lord, take my mind and thoughts, and let them be in tune with Thee;
O Lord, take my everything, and let me be an instrument to work for Thee.

***Click on the above picture to watch the video on 'PRECIOUS MOMENTS WITH BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

***Click on the above picture to read my story on 'THE DAY I MET MY LORD, BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

Baba & I 峇峇与我' - Interview with Sister Adeline Teh (Malaysia)

Interview by Souljourns

About My Work

My photo
Loving Sai Rams to everyone.... Welcome to our non-profit spiritual blog which celebrates the universal teachings of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba in inspirational forms of art and literature.

Total Pageviews

Followers