One day, - as I sat
Sketching Your Face,
Your eyes -
They wouldn't set right,
Much as I tried,
With will and might.
Till at last -
Before giving up,
I tried -
The only thing left -
I uttered
That word so profound,
So laden with power,
That instant prayer -
In a word,
Containing all effort,
Containing its' fruit
Containing all promise,
Containing the past,
Holding the future -
That one little word -
"SAIRAM"!
To my great delight
And speechless wonder,
As though you entered
My thumb and finger
The eyes drew right,
In just a 'trice',
And now,
T' was YOU - in the sketch
LOOKING AT ME!
Love's labour - so vividly seen,
Effort and will - so struggled indeed,
Yet - How EASY -
With a prayer
When You answer
My prayer - for a sketch
You surely care
And are always there,
To guide and provide
when I really
need You!
- Just through - one word
So full and contained
"SAIRAM"!
(By : Dr Vasantha Nair, Blossoming Love)


