Instagram

Friday, April 1, 2011

Waiting For God's Call


I would like to share an eye-opening incident which happened on the morning of 18 February 2011.  It took place in the waiting room of a local hospital.  There were many patients seated outside the doctor's consultation rooms, waiting for their numbers to be called.  (There is a computerized queue management system whereby an automated voice will make an announcement. This is to allow the doctor to call for the next patient, or a particular patient with a known queue number, by simply pressing a button.)

My turn soon arrived, and after receiving the doctor's consultation, I was asked to wait outside for my appointment card.  As I was walking out, I saw the doctor pressing the button to call the next patient.  Once outside, I saw a young lady walked up and stood in front of the consultation door.  There was another senior woman next to her (not related), seated on a chair beside the door.

At first, I did not pay much attention to them as I had to collect my prescription at a dispensary window nearby.  Three minutes later, after collecting my medication, I went back to the same spot to wait for my appointment card.  Then I became aware that something was amiss.  

Both the ladies were still in the same position as I had left them.  The senior woman was looking at the younger lady while shaking her head, "They are still calling you."  The younger woman replied, "No... no, I must wait for them to open the door and call me." So, she continued to just stand there patiently.

The automated voice called her number two more times, then proceeded to the following number.  Another patient went forward, walked past this younger lady, and entered the room. 

The younger lady became alarmed and started to look around, unsure of what to do.  An older man, presumably her father, walked up to her and spoke quite sternly to her.  By that time, many people began to notice what was going on.

A few minutes later, the door opened and the patient who had entered earlier came out.  The automated voice called out the younger lady's number again.  Still she stood there, not moving at all.  

Now, I have been trying to practice being only a witness and not judge or interfere with circumstances, but this was one situation which I could not sit back and watch any longer.  So, I went up to her and asked, "Is that your number?"  She nodded quickly.  "Then, please... go in," I ushered her with my hand.  A look of relief washed over her face as she immediately went into the room.


Looking back to that day, I realized there was more to that scene than just what I had witnessed on the surface.  It reminded me of the countless number of people on this earth, myself included, who are always waiting for things to happen.  How many times have we read or heard people saying, "I am still waiting for God to call me."  

The question is... 'When He calls, are we aware of it?'  Or are we still just waiting outside His Door?


(Written by : Adeline Teh, 1 April 2011)

O LORD, TAKE MY LOVE

O Lord, take my love, and let it flow in fullness of devotion to Thee;
O Lord, take my hands, and let them work incessantly for Thee;
O Lord, take my soul, and let it be merged in One with Thee;
O Lord, take my mind and thoughts, and let them be in tune with Thee;
O Lord, take my everything, and let me be an instrument to work for Thee.

***Click on the above picture to watch the video on 'PRECIOUS MOMENTS WITH BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

***Click on the above picture to read my story on 'THE DAY I MET MY LORD, BHAGAVAN SRI SATHYA SAI BABA'

Baba & I 峇峇与我' - Interview with Sister Adeline Teh (Malaysia)

Interview by Souljourns

About My Work

My photo
Loving Sai Rams to everyone.... Welcome to our non-profit spiritual blog which celebrates the universal teachings of Bhagawan Sri Sathya Sai Baba in inspirational forms of art and literature.

Total Pageviews

Followers